Tuesday, May 27, 2014

9 questions that will help to determine if you are becoming a helicopter parent - Quiz

Answer “true” or “false” to the following statements:
1.___ I want my child to feel like I am him/her best friend.
2.___ When my child has a conflict with another child or an adult, I usually find that my child is right.
3.___ I get nervous when I’m not in constant contact with my child.
4.___ If my child were having trouble with a new seating arrangement in her/his class, I would ask the teacher to move my child to another seat.
5.___ I usually find that most of my child’s teachers’ discipline policies are not appropriate for my child’s temperament.  I often feel that my child's teacher doesn't understand his/her personality.
6.___ My child generally needs extra help from me or another adult with his homework because of his learning style.
7.___ I have found that my child needs to be busy, otherwise he/she gets bored or anxious when he/she has lots of free time.
8. ___ It’s difficult to find time in my personal schedule for my own activities, interests or friends because my child’s schedule is so full.
9. ___ My child is gifted in many areas, and I spend a lot of time making sure that her/his special needs are met because I know that it will be essential for his/her success in life.
Your helicopter parenting style could be described as:
§  Overly responsive to your child, if you answered true to Questions 1, 2, or 3.
§  Overly low demands on your child, if you answered true to Questions 4, 5, or 6.
§  Overly high and overscheduled expectations for your child, if you answered true to Questions 7, 8, or 9.
Post a Comment