Saturday, August 9, 2014

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Here is an article from the Huffington Post that I recommend to read. I was attracted by its title "Don't worry, be happy: how eliminating worrying can enhance your life". If like me, you have been (or are still!) the type of person who worries about everything from little to big things, you might be interested in reading this article.

In my case, I often thought that I worry so much because somehow, I have always believed that something bad has to happen sooner than later...I guess, I have always be a pessimistic.

Although we may have reasons to be pessimistic, we have to admit that sometimes we just worry too much. The author of this article suggests that "fundamentally, worrying doesn't work. It saps time and energy and very rarely has any connection with reality". In my opinion, this is so true.

How many times, I worried for hours (if not days, in some occasions) about things that did not happen or that were not based on real facts. I wasted energy, time and opportunities to be happy because I let my imagination work too much. The worse is when you transfer these worries or fears to other people, including your children. 

As the author of the article said, we don't just worry about important issues. We are often "tripped up by our insecurities, our concerns about what others will think and the limits we place upon ourselves". This is particularly true when you consider fears associated with work-related issues. 

The author of this article proposes 4 simple tips/rules to deal with those fears that are impeding us to be happy.

1. Banish regrets
2. Set achievable goals
3. Think long terms
4. Get support

Click here to read this article and let me know what you think about these tips.


Post a Comment